Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween!!

I decided about a month ago that I was going to make Colton's halloween costume and he was going to be a crab.  All in all, it turned out really well and was much cheaper than buying one (plus I couldn't find a cute crab costume anyway).  I found scrap material at the fabric store, cheap craft foam, and used a onesie I'd already bought at a re-sale for $.50.  The tights were the most expensive piece, coming in at $9 (WTF, right?).   I sewed the hat, legs and claws and used velcro and a glue gun to stick everything together.   Getting him to stay still for a picture was an entirely different problem.





I had this grand idea that I'd get to take him all around and show the neighbors how cute he was, but we only made it to a few houses before calling it quits.  Not sure I'll get so elaborate in future years, but it was fun to do this time through.

No comments:

Post a Comment