Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day!

So I will give credit where it is due, and confess I actually saw this idea for re-using toilet paper on the Sprout Network.   I used a paper towel tube cut in half and added a little tape for support, because younger kids aren't going to hold it together to keep the heart shape in tact.  For some reason one half held its shape on its own, the other didn't.

Materials:
Paper towel or toilet paper tubes
Tape if needed
Finger or craft paint
disposable plate or paint tray
Glitter
Paper, preferrably cardstock weight
lots of paper towels for cleanup

I was surprised Colton did as well as he did with this.  I figured he'd smear it around and if I got lucky something in there might resemble a heart.   He had a blast!  He loved stamping the hearts and did a pretty good job.   If you are doing this with older kids (or hell, yourself!) check for air bubbles on the tube before stamping, because that will fill in part of your heart when the stamping is done, but I just let Colton go to town until the paper was over saturated in parts.

 
 
He was having so much fun that I cut a second piece of paper in half and made Valentine's for the grandparents too!  The paint does take quite a while to dry, so that left plenty of time to add glitter.
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment