Sunday, August 28, 2011

First real smile!

The very first signs of a responsive smile came around 3am on August 25th, when I was checking to make sure he was going to sleep before heading back to bed.  He wasn't, but I got a little smile as soon as I looked into the pack n play.   I got a real smile a few hours later when he was in his swing.  I told him I loved him and got this huge toothless grin in response.   Two days later I caught it on camera.

He is definitely a morning person...unluckily Mommy is not, but those smiles do make it easier on those days he thinks the day starts around 5am.

In addition to getting smiles, he "talks" much more now as well.  He started happy shrieks several weeks ago, but now he has expanded his vocabulary to bah (usually sad) mah (angry/frustrated) and gah (happy), as well as experimenting with various decibel levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment