Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Smiles

Tonight I was so excited because as soon as I laid Colton on the changing pad after Daddy handed him off, he gave me this big smile while looking right at me.  No gas followed so I really thought this was it....he knew who I was and was smiling because he was happy.   Thrilled, I told him smiles were the best as I re-did his swaddle for bed.  Then it came.  The delayed sneak attack spit up....out of the mouth down the neck to pool in a small puddle that he can then smear in freshly washed hair in.   ::sigh::    At least he is still giving us warning signs.  A week or so ago it was this wide-eyed surprised look, but now apparently spit up is funny.  Oh well, just seeing the smile, for whatever reason, makes everything that much more worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment