Saturday, July 13, 2013

Big Boy Room!

I am jinxing myself by even daring to type this now, but if I don't I'll forget and never get around to it.   Tonight we finally bit the bullet and move Colton into his new room.  Right now is he sleeping...only 40 minutes since I first shut the door. Fingers crossed he stays that way, but even if he wakes up every hours I'm still calling it progress.   I tried to follow Ferber like we did with initial sleep training, but it is a little more difficult when you know they are probably scared and actually need you.  He started crying for me shortly after I left and I could see him on the monitor sitting there looking around, so I decided on 3 minutes for the first check, which as with sleep training, made him more upset.  I gave it 6 minutes until the next check, when I sort of tossed the book recommendations out the window and just stayed with him until he calmed down.  I didn't pick him up or get in the bed with him though, just sort of bent over the side and cuddled him.  Once he was settled enough (and just starting to get a little talkative/silly) I made my exit.   He did ask to go in his crib a few times during that period, which really made me question things, because he'd probably be fine in his crib for a few more months, but overall I think we'll be okay and I don't feel like I'm forcing something awful on him.

I am pretty happy with how his room turned out though, and he loves the cars & trucks!






No comments:

Post a Comment